UX Design trainee scheme
To build the best UX team in the business, we’re doing all we can to nurture the next generation of design superstars. That means you.
This is your chance to join our team of innovative and supportive UX designers. Get involved with the insight, imagination and regular research we use to create incredible experiences for people across the world.
On this year-long programme you'll rotate across a range of products – from iPlayer to News, from Sport to CBeebies.
You’ll work on real projects with senior members of UX, as well as technical and editorial teams from across the BBC. You’ll gain unparalleled experience, as you get involved in user research, information architecture, content analysis, interaction design, visual design, prototyping and much more.
We’ve got placements available in London and/or Salford. So your location could be flexible depending on what suits you.
What we’re looking for in you
- You’ve got a great degree in design and an outstanding portfolio you can share with us
- You’re dying to get your teeth into some knotty design challenges and solve them with your amazing design and communication skills
- Your interest might be wireframes, user flows and personas. Or layout, colour and typography. And maybe you’ve even got something special up your sleeve, like a love of building prototypes, illustration or motion graphic design. Whatever you’re great at, we want to hear about it
- Of course you know how to use Adobe Creative Suite products. But more importantly you’re happy to pick up whatever new package best suits the task in hand
- You’ll always be considering the user and you’ll be almost indecently curious about their needs. You can explain the reasoning behind your design decisions to people from a variety of backgrounds. And you’re able to balance what the user needs against what we can realistically achieve
- This opportunity is available as a 12-month, fixed-term contract. The salary is c£22,000 plus London weighting.
- We’ll need to see your CV and your portfolio which you can add to your Careers Hub profile when applying. Your portfolio could be online or a pdf with examples of your work
- We won’t be able to consider applications without portfolios
- We’ll be holding interviews in London and Salford in July and August
- We would be looking for candidates to start in September
Follow @BBCGetin for the latest scheme news.